A ½ cup of fresh or cooked green peas provides:
– An excellent source of vitamin K.
– A good source of vitamin A, vitamin C,
fiber, folate, and thiamin.
– A source of protein and iron
Harvest of the Month
– One cup, about a handful of strawberries, provide a whole day’s worth of Vitamin C.
– Strawberries are good sources of folic acid, potassium and fiber.
Radishes are root vegetables similar to beets and turnips.
Radishes add a delicious crunch to this healthy side dish.
Grapefruits are a great source of vitamin C.
One medium orange provides:
– 152% of the recommended Daily Value of Vitamin C
– Fiber and folate (folic acid)
– Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, thiamin and magnesium.
A ½ cup of sliced pears contains fiber and vitamin C.
A medium-sized apple is a good source of fiber and vitamin C!
A ½ cup of sliced tomatoes provides:
– Vitamins C and A.
– Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that
may help lower the risk of some forms of
cancer, promote heart health, and help
keep the immune system healthy
One ½ cup of avocado provides:
-Vitamins C, B, K
-Folate & potassium
-Fiber and heart healthy monounsaturated fat