Serving size: 1 1/3 cups
Total calories: 201, Total fat: 2 g, Saturated fat: <1 g, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Protein: 11 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sodium: 489 mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1(14.5-ounce) can low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oounce) can red beans drained and rinsed
- 8 tablespoons fat free sour cream optional
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn, vegetable broth, chili powder, oregano, and beans. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into 8 bowls. If desired, top each bowl with one tablespoon of fat free sour cream and serve with whole grain rolls.
This recipe was carefully selected for you this month by the Ventura County Public Health, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program from eatFresh.org