5 medium sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (or ground nutmeg)
1 Tbsp. salted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and place oven rack in middle position.
2. Scrub sweet potatoes well, place on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until very soft to the squeeze.
3. Remove potatoes from oven; cool briefly to handling temperature.
4. Cut both ends off each potato and carefully peel each potato.
5. Place in a deep bowl and mash with potato masher, large fork, or back of a large spoon.
6. Season with maple syrup, salt, black pepper, and ground cardamom or nutmeg, mixing well.
7. If necessary, reheat briefly in microwave.
8. Scoop into serving bowl and top with butter. Enjoy!
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 1.9g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
% of Calories from Fat: 12%
Sodium: 368 mg